College counseling is not just a service; it is core to the Upper School experience. College counseling at Maumee Valley is a highly individualized process with the goal of finding the best possible college fit for each uniquely talented student. Each student works closely with the Director of College Counseling beginning their freshman year to establish the foundation for creating a four-year portfolio that reflects the scope of each individual and his or her many talents and interests. Realizing that the college search process can be intimidating, but should be an exciting endeavor, the director of college counseling is available for appointments and dialogue with any student and parent regardless of their grade level.
Maumee Valley students fare extremely well in the competitive college admissions process. In fact, 100% of graduates go on to four-year, highly-selective institutions. This is attributed to MV’s renowned reputation for offering the most rigorous of academic preparation. Furthermore, students are able to develop true passions through MVCDS’s unique programs such as Intensives
, Global Scholars
and vibrant athletics
, service and leadership opportunities. Differentiation and demonstrated interest are integral pieces to the admissions process and MV students are incredibly successful in these categories. Please visit our list of acceptances and matriculations
Our school profile
provides more information about matriculations and acceptances, as well as the academic talent of our students. Maumee Valley students excel on the SAT (336 points above the national average) and ACT (7 points above the national average and the highest in the Toledo area). Maumee Valley students excel on the SAT (336 points above the national average) and ACT (7 points above the national average and the highest in the Toledo area).
Maumee Valley creates as many opportunities possible for students to connect directly with admissions counselors from the most selective colleges across the country:
- Over 50 admissions officers visit Maumee Valley each fall to conduct information sessions and meet individually with prospective students.
- Over 100 admissions officers attend the annual spring college fair hosted by Maumee Valley
- Five to six admissions officers from selective colleges visit Maumee Valley for our Essay Writing Workshop for juniors.
- Alumni parents and local community members will conduct interviews with Maumee Valley students for selective universities.
- Family Connection is available for students, parents, and alumni.
- Twice-annual college tours during spring and summer breaks.