Our mission at Maumee Valley Country Day School aims to enlighten our students while allowing them to become compassionate and contributing citizens of our global community. This charge also involves the health and safety of our students, staff, and the community. While we want to Return to The Valley for in-person learning as soon as possible, the ability to do so and to remain there relies on each of us to follow recommended guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The Commitment to Our Maumee Valley Community is a pledge we urge students and families to uphold. The health of our community depends on responsible personal behavior from all of its members both during school and outside of school hours. Those who are unable to follow these guidelines are encouraged to attend school remotely.
By returning to campus, I commit to leading by example and being honest in my efforts to protect myself and others. I will:
- Complete a daily assessment of myself for symptoms of COVID-19, including, but not limited to, fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell
- Check my temperature daily before coming to school
- Stay home if I experience any COVID-19 symptoms and then report them to the school nurse (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vigilantly maintain appropriate physical distancing, wear a mask at all times inside buildings, on buses and school vehicles, and outside when physical distancing is not possible
- Practice safe hand hygiene — wash my hands often with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer — after returning from outside, after using a restroom, and before meals
- Avoid touching my face, eyes, or nose; not share materials, and try not to touch surfaces in shared areas
- Be sure to read all school communications to stay knowledgeable about health and safety updates
- Participate in COVID-19 testing and contact tracing as instructed in the best interests of the overall health of the school and our community as a whole
- Follow isolation and quarantine instructions if I test positive for COVID-19, if I am presumed positive, or if I am exposed to someone who has tested positive
- Follow public health protocols related to out-of-state travel such as self-quarantining for 14 days after visiting specific states or regions. Please see the Ohio Department of Health COVID-19 travel site here for current advisories.
- Act responsibly by adhering to public health guidelines in businesses and public places
- Carefully follow instructional signs and directions
- Ask a teacher, coach or another adult for clarification if I do not understand the health and safety protocols expected of me
- Do my best to embrace with positivity and an open mind the changes required this school year, understanding that because of COVID-19, our learning spaces, activities, and other events may look and feel different than might have in other school years
By adhering to the Commitment to Our Maumee Valley Community, I understand that I am pledging to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
I agree to support the efforts outlined in the Return to the Valley Reopening Plan and to create a safe and enriching educational environment. I pledge, to the best of my ability, to take all precautions necessary to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, including those outlined above.