NEW FACULTY POSTING: Early Childhood & Lower School Music Teacher
Type: Full-time faculty
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Start Date: August 10, 2020 (first day with students, August 20, 2020)
A Maumee Valley teacher is a guide who orchestrates learning for students in ways that are engaging, challenging and relevant. The successful candidate is a resourceful teacher who utilizes a range of pedagogical techniques in order to reach all learners. All learners will feel safe, respected and confident in the environment created by this candidate. We ask all of our teachers to do the following:
Maumee Valley Country Day School currently has an opening for an outstanding elementary music teacher to work with children aged four through sixth-grade in a collaborative environment, incorporating a cross-curricular music program. The successful candidate must be a certified music educator with experience teaching elementary-age children who can become an addition to the Maumee Valley community of learners.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Demonstrates a love for teaching and working with children from diverse cultural, economic, and ability backgrounds;
- Plans and teaches hands-on and experiential lessons in music;
- Prepares students for various musical performances;
- Meets the needs of students at all skill levels and differentiates instruction to challenge each child appropriately;
- Creates developmentally appropriate learning experiences for young learners and uses best practices in music instruction to assist students in reaching high levels of growth;
- Places a high value on productive collaboration;
- Displays a personal passion to keep abreast of educational research and effective practice in the area of music instruction;
- Develops and refines existing music curriculum;
- Involves parents in their instructional program and creates strong home-school communication structures; and
- Works independently with minimum supervision.
Skills and Competencies:
- Use of Orff instruments
Bachelor’s degree in Music Education required
Master’s degree in Education preferred
Minimum of 3 years experience teaching at the elementary level preferred
All Maumee Valley employees and volunteers must agree to a comprehensive background check.