FACULTY POSTING: Upper Intermediate Math/Science Teacher
Type: Full Time Faculty
Application Deadline: Until filled
Start Date: August 10, 2020 (first day with students August 20, 2020)
A Maumee Valley teacher is a guide who orchestrates learning for students in ways that are engaging, challenging and relevant. The successful candidate is a resourceful teacher who utilizes a range of pedagogical techniques in order to reach all learners. All learners will feel safe, respected and confident in the environment created by this candidate. We ask all of our teachers to do the following:
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
The best candidate will demonstrate a strong understanding and practice of the following:
- Integrated STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) curriculum for students
- Pedagogical skills to organize and implement rigorous science and math instruction that engages and excites learners
- Assessment practices to determine student progress levels and adjust instructional design to assist students in being successful
- A classroom environment that respects and celebrates diversity
- Productive collaboration with grade level partners, specialists, and academic support
- Backwards design, organizing instruction around established learning objectives, and the vital importance of planning
- Parental involvement in their instructional program and create strong home-school communication structures
- Passion for educational research and current, effective practice
- Goal oriented – ability to demonstrate a history of establishing and completing professional development goals that focused on improving student performance
- Desire to work and grow with others
- Interest in student programming
- Sense of humor
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Education (grades 5-8) specializing in Math/Science, Masters preferred
- 3 – 5 years of teaching experience in providing stimulating and effective science and math instruction, preferred
- Proven track record of assisting students in reaching high levels of academic achievement, preferred
All Maumee Valley employees and volunteers must agree to a comprehensive background check.
How to apply:
- Please email your documents in PDF format to email@example.com.
- Documents needed: MVCDS Application, cover letter, resume, and three written professional letters of reference, and a copy of college transcripts.
- Please use the title of the position in the subject line of your email.